Even with a ceasefire, the work continues.
We are grateful that the ceasefire agreed between Israel and Hamas late on Thursday, May 20th will, at last, provide a measure of relief as we enter Shabbat. While we pray that the violence that Israel endured over the last two weeks is truly over, we fear that the spike in anti-Israel misinformation, antisemitic diatribes on social media, and the physical attacks on Jews and Jewish institutions in the U.S. and around the world will continue relatively unabated. Unfortunately, those who demonize Israel and the Jewish community on college campuses, in politics, and in the public square have found new tools, updated their slogans, and broadened support for their pernicious agendas.
SHARING OUR WORK WITH YOUR COMMUNITIES:
- Read about our advocacy work urging President Biden to take concrete steps against antisemitism
- Share this missive about our work moving forward with your community.
- Watch our virtual solidarity mission in Israel.
HOW TO TALK ABOUT ISRAEL
- Marketing Resources
- Learn more from our Israel Action Network
STAYING UP TO DATE
- Read Our Daily Updates on what’s happening in Israel (May 11 | May 12 | May 13 | May 14 | May 16 | May 19 | May 20 | May 21)
If you have any questions, please reach out to Dani.Wassner@JewishFederations.org